Yes. If you have limited income and assets, you may qualify for assistance with medical costs you receive under Medicare. You should contact Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 to see if you qualify.
Some programs you may qualify for include:
- Medicaid helps pay costs not covered by Original Medicare (Part A and Part B). It may also include some added benefits that Original Medicare doesn’t cover, including prescription drugs, eye care or long-term care.
- The Medicare Savings Program helps you pay your Original Medicare premiums, deductibles and coinsurance.
- Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) combines medical, social and long-term care services for people over the age of 55 who meet the qualifications to receive nursing home care, but live and get their services in the community. This program is not available in all states.
- Prescription drug premium assistance programs help pay some or all Medicare Part D premiums, deductibles, copays and coinsurance.
- Other programs may be available in your state.